Sunday, November 30, 2008

Poem

At the edge of the water
by Joseph Cichon

I sit in that chair as the man in the suit and name tag ask me questions.
Questions I know the answers to but do i want to say them out loud.
i then am faced with the decision of telling my family with the knowledge that they do not approve.
so starts the service on a cold January afternoon, surrounded by people who love me, surrounded by those who approve of my decision.
i stand there at the edge of the water and i see my past floating before me.
all the hate, all the lies, all the time wasted and as i slowly take one foot down each step i feel the warmth of the water against my skin like the arms of God himself.
i hear the words that are spoken and as i enter the water an come out again i see the past no more.
i see only the future and i feel the love of my true Heavenly Father.

No comments: